Mobile Cheque Deposit
How to deposit cheques with Mobile Banking.
Deposit cheques anytime, anywhere.
Snap a picture and deposit directly from your smartphone.
- Contactless deposits. Save a trip to a branch or ATM.
- Safe and secure access to your funds.
- Receive instant confirmation receipts to keep track of your transactions.
Depositing cheques on your phone
To get started, follow the instructions below:
- Use your mobile banking app to sign into Online Banking on your mobile device.
- On the “Accounts” page top menu, select the “Deposit” option with the camera icon.
- In the “Amount” section, enter the exact dollar amount of the cheque being deposited.
- In the drop-down menu, select which of your accounts you wish to deposit into.
- Tap the “Front” icon to take a picture of the front of your cheque. A screen with the view from your camera will show. Tap “Capture” when ready.
- NOTE: Ensure that the entire cheque fits within the white rectangular boarder. You will be presented with a preview of your picture which can be used or retaken.
- Tap the “Use” button to confirm the picture was taken properly and repeat step 5 to take a picture of the back of your cheque.
- When both pictures have been taken, tap the “Deposit” button to submit your transaction.
- You will be presented with a confirmation screen to review your deposit. If all the details look accurate, tap “Confirm“.
- NOTE: Mobile cheque deposits may be automatically held for an average of 2-3 business days for clearing purposes.
- Write “deposited via mobile” on the back of the cheque and keep the physical cheque for the next 15 days. After those 15 days have passed, please tear up and safely dispose of the cheque. The original cheque should be destroyed within 120 calendar days of the successful deposit date.
If you have any questions or need assistance from a Coach, please contact us.