Growing Prosperity Awards
Nominations are now open for 2023
Libro Credit Union’s success is due to the many bold, passionate, and epic individuals who contribute their enthusiasm and expertise. The Growing Prosperity Awards celebrate this culture of excellence. The awards honour those who have made an exceptional contribution to growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario or to transforming banking for Libro Owners.
- Recipients will be announced at Libro’s Annual General Meeting in April.
- Nominations should reflect accomplishments completed within the last 24 months.
- You may nominate more than one person; each nomination must be on a separate form.
- All nominations will be confidentially directed to Brian Aalbers, EVP People & Culture, Libro Credit Union.
- The selection committee is made up of Libro Credit Union’s CEO, EVP People & Culture, EVP Advice & Service Delivery, Chair of Libro’s Board of Directors, Chair of Libro’s Board of Directors’ People & Culture Committee.
Achievements may include:
- Volunteer activities in the community which are aligned with Libro’s Pillars of Employment, Housing, Local Food Accessibility and Financial Resilience.
- Contribution to economic development, social enterprise or employment.
- Impact on Owner prosperity through coaching, service excellence and dedication to being Libro.
- Impact on transforming banking through significant leadership and effort.
- Contribution to co-operative values and credit union direction.
Eligibility per group
- Libro Credit Union staff (excluding Executive Leadership Team).
- Libro Owner Representatives (excluding Libro Board of Directors).
- Libro Owners (excluding Libro staff, Owner Representatives and immediate family members).
2022 Growing Prosperity Award Recipients
Todd Kasenberg – Growing Prosperity Award, Owner Category
Todd is recognized for being so passionate about the well-being of communities, thinking differently, and for helping ensure diverse, thriving communities. Todd speaks passionately of the need for rural communities to be more welcoming to newcomers, and has been a strong proponent of DE&I at the county level. On behalf of Todd, United Way Perth-Huron.
Marsha Peaks – Growing Prosperity Award, Staff Category
Marsha is being recognized for her hard work & passion for community involvement, her “Be Libro” attitude, and for being an EPIC Libro staff member. Marsha is known as the Gatekeeper in our Kitchener Williamsburg Branch – She is the first smile you see as you enter the branch, and truly interacts with all and surpasses expectations. On behalf of Marsha, Libro has made a donation to the Marillac Place in Kitchener.
Adam Wissink – Growing Prosperity Award, Owner Representative Category
Adam is recognized for growing prosperity across various communities and for being so aligned to Libro’s pillars. Adam is a successful business owner and a member of the LEO South Council, as an Owner Representative. Adam’s Business, JAAG Properties, is an excellent example of a business that delivers on purpose and pillars that are foundational to Libro Credit Union. On behalf of Adam, Libro has made a donation to the Ronald McDonald House.