Growing Prosperity Awards
Nominations are now open for 2022
Libro Credit Union’s success is due to the many bold, passionate, and epic individuals who contribute their enthusiasm and expertise. The Growing Prosperity Awards celebrate this culture of excellence. The awards honour those who have made an exceptional contribution to growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario or to transforming banking for Libro Owners.
- Recipients will be announced at Libro’s Annual General Meeting on April 2023.
- Nominations should reflect accomplishments completed within the last 24 months.
- You may nominate more than one person; each nomination must be on a separate form.
- All nominations will be confidentially directed to Brian Aalbers, EVP People & Culture, Libro Credit Union.
- The selection committee is made up of Libro Credit Union’s CEO, EVP Employee Experience, EVP Advice & Service Delivery, Chair of Libro’s Board of Directors, Chair of Libro’s Board of Directors’ People & Culture Committee.
Achievements may include:
- Volunteer activities in the community which are aligned with Libro’s Pillars of Employment, Housing, Local Food Accessibility and Financial Resilience.
- Contribution to economic development, social enterprise or employment.
- Impact on Owner prosperity through coaching, service excellence and dedication to being Libro.
- Impact on transforming banking through significant leadership and effort.
- Contribution to co-operative values and credit union direction.
Eligibility per group
- Libro Credit Union staff (excluding Executive Leadership Team).
- Libro Owner Representatives (excluding Libro Board of Directors).
- Libro Owners (excluding Libro staff, Owner Representatives and immediate family members).
2021 Growing Prosperity Award Recipients
Recipient – Staff Member
Cheryl is recognized for her “Be Libro” attitude! Cheryl is always lending a helping hand and is also very involved in many community groups that are aligned with Libro’s pillars. Cheryl is also known for her positivity and professionalism. On behalf of Cheryl, Libro has made a donation to The Tanner Steffler Foundation.
Recipient – Owner Representative
Dan is recognized for his engagement at Libro and for being a role model in his local community. Dan is a business owner of many local businesses and is also an active member of one of our Windsor-Essex Councils. Dan has made a significant contribution to growing prosperity across southwestern Ontario. On behalf of Dan, Libro has made a donation to the CMHA Windsor-Essex County.
Recipient – Owner
Tamara’s community involvement is recognized by many. Tamara is a local business owner, owning Firmly Rooted, a certified organic farm. Tamara has also been working alongside Courtney Lang, to open a non-profit business venture, Eat Local Huron. Tamara strives to promote wellness across the community and is recognized as being a dedicated member of the Huron County community. On behalf of Tamara, Libro has donated to the Everdale Organic Farm and Environmental Learning Centre.