Libro's student award program supports youth who demonstrate outstanding commitment to their community while balancing academic success.
The award winner receives a $ 2,000 scholarship, a no fee ‘Go Free’ account at Libro Credit Union and a financial coaching session!
31 awards will be available in 2019 for a total investment of $62,000 in local students
To be eligible for the award the applicant must:
- Be seventeen (17) to twenty-five (25) years-of-age at the time of application
- Have a current minimum academic average of a C+ (67%) or higher.
- Demonstrate commitment to their community through leadership and volunteer activities.
- Be enrolled full-time in a Canadian college, university, apprenticeship program, technical institute or private college for September 2019.
- Have a primary home address within southwestern Ontario (postal code begins with N) as defined by postal code (but may be enrolled in school away from their primary home address), or has a primary address outside of that area but is an Owner of Libro Credit Union at the time of completing the application.
- Complete the online application form
- Winners will be selected based upon Libro’s assessment of the best application amongst eligible applicants.
- This award program is open to both non Owners (within the specified geographic area) and Owners of Libro Credit Union
- Staff, Owner Representatives and Board of Directors members and immediate family members living in the same house are not eligible for a Libro Student Award.
- Past award recipients who have won awards from Libro Credit Union are not eligible to receive an award in 2019.
- Winners will be notified by phone no later than May 31, 2019.
- The winners will be announced publicly at Facebook.com/librocreditunion, on Twitter, the Libro Credit Union branch network and libro.ca/studentawards. They may also be announced through press releases and other media outlets
2019 Application period is now closed. Click here to view the 2019 Student Awards Winners