Nominations are now open for the 2018 Growing Prosperity Awards!
- Nominations for the 2018 Growing Prosperity Awards are now open.
- Deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, October 12, 2018 at 5pm Eastern Time.
- Recipients will be announced at Libro’s Annual General Meeting on April 2019
- Nominations should reflect accomplishments completed within the last 24 months.
- You may nominate more than one person; each nomination must be on a separate form.
- All nominations will be confidentially directed to Tania Goodine, Executive Vice President Engagement, Libro Credit Union.
- The selection committee is made up of Libro Credit Union’s CEO, EVP Engagement, EVP Advice & Service Delivery, Chair of Libro’s Board of Directors, Chair of Libro’s Board of Directors’ Human Resources Committee.
Achievements may include:
- Volunteer activities in the community which are aligned with Libro’s focus areas of youth leadership and development, economic development or money smarts.
- Contribution to economic development, social enterprise or employment.
- Impact on Owner prosperity through coaching, service excellence and dedication to being Libro.
- Impact on transforming banking through significant leadership and effort.
- Contribution to co-operative values and credit union direction.
Eligibility per group
- Libro Credit Union staff (excluding Executive Leadership Team).
- Libro Owner Representatives (excluding Libro Board of Directors).
- Libro Owners (excluding Libro staff, Owner Representatives and immediate family members).
The Growing Prosperity Awards Celebrate this Culture of Excellence
Libro Credit Union’s success is due to the many bold, passionate, and epic individuals who contribute their enthusiasm and expertise. The Growing Prosperity Awards celebrate this culture of excellence. The awards honour those who have made an exceptional contribution to growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario or to transforming banking for Libro Owners.
2017 Growing Prosperity Award Recipients
Recipient - Owner
Douglas is recognized as a community leader, volunteer, and valued resident of the Wingham community. He is well known in his community helping upgrade buildings and services, and developing community programs. With his strive and dedication to make his community a better place to live, he commits his time to helping his community and those in need.
Recipient - Owner Representative
As an active Owner Representative since 2015, Debb is recognized for her leadership and her support of Libro with a community focus. She is an inspiring thought-leader as she established Random Acts of Kindness Day that has now spread across the country. Her volunteerism is evident in her involvement with many community groups.
Recipient - Staff
Jamie is recognized for his leadership, initiative, and involvement in the Sarnia community with the Huron House Boys’ home, the Imperial Theatre, the Sarnia Chamber of Commerce, and many more. As the Regional Commercial and Agriculture Manager at Libro, his passion for Libro and helping others manifests in his community.