Working together to make a positive collective impact in southwestern Ontario
Libro exists to grow prosperity in southwestern Ontario by transforming banking. We understand growing prosperity is much more than financial transactions and balance sheets. It involves all of us – individuals, enterprises, not-for-profit groups, government agencies, and professional associations – mobilizing together to make a collective impact on the region.
We are focusing our community investment in the three areas where we feel we can make the most impact in helping grow prosperity in our communities.
1) Regional Economic Development
- Supporting entrepreneurship, small enterprise and co-operative start-ups.
- Rural and agricultural development planning and revitialization.
- Food security initiatives.
- Advancing research and innovation to improve regional economic development projects.
2) Money Smarts
- Supporting programs that build financial knowledge and confidence of individuals and families through every stage of life.
- Advance research and innovation to improve financial literacy initiatives.
- Assist economically disadvantaged people to build financial assets.
3) Youth Leadership
- Supporting youth entrepreneurship and job creation.
- Opportunities for youth in farming and other rural activities.
- Youth leadership and career skills development.
Libro supports youth who are committed to their communities and who strive to build their leadership skills. We know that by supporting these young leaders everyone wins.
Grants, Sponsorships & Donations
Libro supports local organizations growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario. If your organization is working on local initiatives focused on economic development, youth leadership, or money-smarts, we’d like to hear from you.
Financial Literacy - Each One, Teach One
The ability to understand and use financial information to make appropriate choices is extremely important for individuals to make the right financial decisions for themselves and their families. That’s why Libro is working along with a group of Canadian Credit Unions to deliver a series of workshops in money management topics that provide basic skills to the diverse communities of our service area.
These workshops are delivered by volunteer staff from our Credit Union in partnership with community organizations. Topics include basic banking, understanding credit, fraud prevention and more.
Interested in hosting a seminar for your community group? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Growing Prosperity Awards
Libro Credit Union’s success is due to the many bold, passionate, and epic individuals who contribute their enthusiasm and expertise. The Growing Prosperity Awards celebrate this culture of excellence. The awards honour those who have made an exceptional contribution to growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario or to transforming banking for Libro Owners.
This is a no fee chequing account offered to small non-profits and service groups as part of our commitment to investing in community organizations that help grow prosperity in southwestern Ontario.