Did you know there are 18 wineries in the Essex County region? Yes, you read that right, EIGHTEEN! If you are a wine lover like me, a fact like this does not go unnoticed. I love to find local wineries near me.
Pack your bag and make a trip down the 401 highway and explore the many wineries (there are breweries too) that Essex County has to offer.
You can find a full list of the 18 wineries here: Essex County Wineries and Breweries
Here are my top three must-go to wineries:
• Oxley Estate Winery – not only do they have great wine; they have delicious food and outdoor dining. Grab a muskoka chair or book a table and enjoy a wine tasting.
• North 42 Degrees Estate Winery – from wine, to lavender, and delicious food, this is another must stop winery! Their restaurant (bistro 42) has windows all around showing beautiful views of the winery (not to mention the food is great). Sip your wine in the front lavender garden, the view is beautiful.
• Coopers Hawk Vineyards – I had the pleasure of attending a friend’s wedding at this winery and the floor to ceiling windows are gorgeous. Not to mention the great wine and food!
Oh wait, one more:
If you are spending the weekend in this area or want to make a day trip and take the ferry to Peele Island, you won’t regret it! The Peele Island Winery has great wine to taste, picnic tables to sit at and light sacks and pizza to enjoy. Their sparkling rose, Lola is a summer favourite!
Spending the night?
• Stay at the Grove Hotel in Kingsville (it just happens to have a brewpub as well).
• Go to the Best Western Plus Leamington with lots of kid friendly activities.
• Check out the local AirBnBs!
Supporting our local businesses is important, now more than ever. Thank you for supporting local, enjoy your visit, and let us know what wineries you loved best!