What if I’m a Victim?Learn More
Recognize it. Report it. Stop it.
What to do if you are a victim of fraud.
Contact Libro immediately to report that you are or believe to be a victim of fraud. Additionally, notify any other financial institutions and credit card companies that may be at risk.
Libro Contact Centre: 1-800-361-8222
Change the passwords on all online accounts and additional password protected websites and programs using a secure computer. If you are a victim of online banking fraud your information may have been obtained through a computer virus and used to fraudulently access online banking. If you cannot be certain your computer is secure, Libro will temporary freeze your online banking access until all additional steps are taken
If you have disclosed personal information to fraudsters, or are a victim of identity theft, we would strongly recommend that you place fraud alerts on your credit reports.
For each of the above credit bureaus:
- Obtain a copy of your report (victims of identity theft can receive copies of their credit reports for free) and ask that no further credit be granted without your approval.
- Make sure your account is flagged with a “fraud alert” and insist that the alert remain active for the maximum six years.
- Send these requests in writing and keep copies for yourself.
- Review the reports carefully and look for inquiries you didn’t initiate, accounts you didn’t open and unexplained debts.
Contact the proper authorities. File a report with your local police department. Keep a copy of the police report and provide the report number and officer name to Libro, credit card companies, and any additional financial institutions affected.
Report the fraud to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre:
Toll Free: 1-888-495-8501
Keep copies of all documentation and communication. Stay Educated! The more educated you are about fraud, the lower the risk you have of becoming a victim.
- Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre: www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca
- Competition Bureau: www.competitionbureau.gc.ca
- Interac: www.interac.ca
*The Collabria Visa Card is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Visa. Visa is a trademark of Visa Int. and is used under license