Lambton Kent Middlesex
Emma Van Dyk
London Elgin Oxford
Wael El Said
Abby Di Laudo
Libro Student Awards
Libro's student award program supports youth who demonstrate outstanding commitment to their community while balancing academic success.
The award winner receives a $ 2,000 scholarship, a no-fee ‘Go Free’ account at Libro Credit Union and a financial coaching session!
34 awards are available in 2020 for a total investment of $68,000.
To be eligible for the award the applicant must:
- Be seventeen (17) to twenty-five (25) years- of- age at the time of application.
- Have a current minimum academic average of a C+ (67%) or higher.
- Demonstrate commitment to their community through leadership and volunteer activities.
- Be enrolled full-time in a Canadian college, university, apprenticeship program, technical institute or private college for September 2020.
- Have a primary home address within southwestern Ontario (postal code begins with N) as defined by postal code (but may be enrolled in school away from their primary home address), or has a primary address outside of that area but is an Owner of Libro Credit Union at the time of completing the application.
- Complete the online application form
- Winners are selected based upon Libro’s assessment of the best application amongst eligible applicants.
- This award program is open to both non Owners (within the specified geographic area) and Owners of Libro Credit Union
- Staff, Owner Representatives and Board of Directors members and immediate family members living in the same house are not eligible for a Libro Student Award.
- Past award recipients who have won awards from Libro Credit Union are not eligible to receive an award in 2020.
- Winners are notified by phone no later than May 29, 2020.
- Winners are announced publicly at Facebook.com/librocreditunion, on Twitter, the Libro Credit Union branch network and libro.ca/studentawards. They may also be announced through press releases and other media outlets