Libro Credit Union implementing changes in response to COVID 19
For immediate use
March 23, 2020
Libro Credit Union is taking positive action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are establishing a new, temporary structure that will maintain continuity of service while also safeguarding the health of staff, Owners and the public.
- We are continuing to deliver strong service, just in a different way during this time. These changes will take effect on Tuesday, March 24.
- We are expanding the number of people who will support phone and message support through the Contact Centre and mobile/online banking.
- All Owners are encouraged to access services online, mobile, by phone and at ATMs across southwestern Ontario.
- We are maintaining Owner access, by appointment, to 14 locations spread across southwestern Ontario. Social distancing and the highest standards of hygiene will be observed.
- We have Coaches working online and on the phone in 17 other locations, ready to answer Owner inquiries and offer support.
- We are undertaking a massive program of outreach to thousands of Libro Owners in communities across southwestern Ontario, helping them to set and work towards their financial goals – as we always do.
- ALL staff will remain working for Owners – just doing it differently for now, for everyone’s safety.
The locations remaining open by appointment are: Caledonia, Simcoe, Wingham, Clinton, Stratford, London East [1867 Dundas Street], London North [Fanshawe & Richmond], St. Thomas, Sarnia, Strathroy, Blenheim, Essex and Leamington.
The locations available by phone and email are: Amherstburg, Arkona, Beechwood [Fischer-Hallman & Erb], Belle River, Cayuga, Exeter, Goderich, Hagersville, Harrow, Kingsville, Listowel, London Downtown [167 Central Ave], London South [Southdale & Wellington], London West [Southdale & Colonel Talbot], Woodstock, Watford and Waterloo [Northfield]. The locations at Kingsville and Belle River will also continue to operate drive-through teller services.
As announced last week, we have temporarily closed five locations: Old East Village in London, Downtown Kitchener, Forest, Woodslee and Windsor. The present public health conditions make it difficult to operate at these locations.
Libro Credit Union President, CEO and Head Coach Steve Bolton said: “Although this is a major undertaking for Libro, it is very much business as usual, just with a different approach.
“Everyone at Libro will continue working to grow – and protect – the prosperity of Owners and communities across southwestern Ontario. This allows us to seek a balance between the need to continue to offer our core, essential services to the people who need them, and to protect the health of our staff, Owners and the public.
“I want everyone to know: we have hundreds of financial coaches ready to support you, wherever they are and wherever you are. Call the nearest location or the Contact Centre and you’ll talk to a human being, in southwestern Ontario, who’s experiencing life here just like you. They will be ready to listen, and to provide you with the financial coaching you need, now more than ever before.
“Libro is reacting to this crisis in a responsible, measured way, and is ready to support you.”
# # #
Media contact: Mike Donachie, Communications Manager, Libro Credit Union
P: 519-672-0130 ext. 4344, C: 226-926-4068, email@example.com
Visit our Media Centre.