For Immediate Release
Friday, October 12, 2017
Libro Credit Union celebrates credit unions’ 14 years of winning two awards
SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO – Libro Credit Union is celebrating the combined success of credit unions after the movement won two awards for the 14th year in a row.
The amazing achievement came in the Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards 2018, voted for by Canadians. Credit Unions won the awards for Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence – and, importantly, beat all other types of financial institutions in the vote.
“Yes, that really is 14 wins in a row,” said Steve Bolton, Head Coach and CEO of Libro Credit Union. “We’d like to thank all the Libro Owners who voted for us, and who show their support for Libro by using our services every day.”
In all, Canada’s credit unions won nine Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards this year, including the Values My Business award for the 11th consecutive year and, for the first time, the Online Banking Excellence award.
Steve Bolton continued: “The reason this is so exciting is Ipsos is a credible third-party organization, and what is being said supports what we already know: that we are not just as good, but better than, our banking competitors.”
Everyone at Libro Credit Union is thrilled with these accolades, and we would love to welcome media outlets for interviews. We’re happily to tell this story – that credit unions, run as democratic co-ops, are being embraced by Canadians as the best banking solution.
# # #
For further information, please contact:
Mike Donachie, Communications Manager, Libro Credit Union
P: 519-672-0130 ext. 4344, C: 226-926-4068, email@example.com
# # #
Here are some highlights from how credit unions featured in the Ipsos Financial Service Excellence Awards:
- First for Customer Service Excellence (14th consecutive year);
- First for Branch Service Excellence (14th consecutive year);
- First for Values My Business (11th consecutive year);
- First for Online Banking Excellence (4th consecutive year, #1 in 2018, tied last three years);
- Winner (tied) for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (6th year)
- Winner (tied) for Mobile Banking Excellence (4th time, 3rd consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (11th consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) ATM Banking Excellence
- Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (6th consecutive year; prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012).