At Libro Credit Union, growing prosperity across southwestern Ontario is why we exist. We’re passionate about investing locally, in people, communities and enterprises, and we understand that prosperity is more than financial transactions and balance sheets. We are bringing our purpose to life through the Libro Prosperity Fund annual granting program and by our Sponsorships and Donations Program. Initiatives considered for sponsorships or grants will focus on the following three areas where we feel we can make the most impact in the prosperity of our communities.
If your organization is working on local initiatives that focus on economic development, money smarts and encourage youth leadership, we’d like to hear from you. Apply for one of our programs below.
REGIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Supporting entrepreneurship, small enterprise and co-operative start-up;
- rural and agricultural development planning and revitalization;
- food security initiatives;
- and advancing research and innovation to improve regional economic development projects
- Supporting programs that build financial knowledge and confidence of individuals and families through every stage of life
- advance research and innovation to improve financial literacy initiatives
- assist economically disadvantaged people to build financial assets;
- Supporting youth entrepreneurship and job creation, opportunities for youth in farming and other rural activities, youth leadership and career skill development
Libro Prosperity Fund
- Application period: February 6, 2017 - March 17, 2017
- Decisions are made by our Branch Councils and the Prosperity Fund Advisory Panel.
- Funding decisions & announcements: September
- Funds will be made available in November
- Grant Levels: Minimum $5,000 - Maximum $100,000