Libro welcomes Owners for visits without appointments. Many transactions can be completed through online banking or over the phone so we ask you to only visit a location if necessary. We remain focused on public health, please see below to learn what steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our Owners and Staff.
Special Measures to Protect Owners, and Staff and our Commuity
At Libro, we remain focused on public health, and want to share with you the precautions we will take, so you know what to expect if you visit one of our locations. We continue to ask all Owners to visit locations only when it is necessary.
What you can expect from Libro while visiting a branch:
- Each location will allow a maximum number of visitors.
- A staff member may welcome you at the entrance.
- We will all maintain physical distance.
- Please follow the markings on the floor and maintain a two metre distance between yourself and other Owners and staff. If you are required to wait outside due to maximum occupancy, we ask that you still respect the two metre physical distancing guidelines.
- Face coverings are available at the entrance. We require all visitors to our buildings to wear a mask, as prescribed by public health authorities and provincial regulations. The only exceptions to this are when medical needs make it difficult for people to wear a mask, or for young children. We will always act to be inclusive of everyone’s needs, so please let us know if you need support.
- Sanitizer is available coming into the branch and on your way out.
Protecting Our Staff
Our staff are committed to continuing to serve our Owners. And, Libro is committed to supporting the well-being of all staff. Some of the measures we are taking are:
- Staff may be wearing face shields or face coverings for our protection and yours.
- Plexiglass is installed.
- A reduced number of wickets may be open.
- We are sanitizing our workstations thoroughly multiple times a day.
We have the utmost respect for the essential frontline staff who keep Canada working, and that includes our Libro colleagues providing Owner service during these difficult months. We expect everyone to share that respect, to act with kindness, and to follow the requirements set out by the health authorities.
Protecting Our Community
Libro views community support as core to our business and that will remain consistent throughout the coming months. We are supporting the non-profit sector through thought leadership and collaboration and through monetary contributions. Our sponsorship and granting programs will continue to offer support to local organizations.
We know non-profits are expected to feel increasing strain from job losses and reduced access to services by the most vulnerable. We are connecting with local community leaders to ensure we understand the most pressing needs in southwestern Ontario and will adjust as needed. See this page for more information.
Canada Emergency Business Account
If your business is financially impacted by COVID-19, you may be eligible for a $40,000 interest-free loan from the Government of Canada to help you with operating costs you're not able to defer. Application and details available here.
Government Financial Support
The Government of Canada has introduced a questionnaire for Canadians to determine which COVID-19 support benefits you're eligible for.
Online CRA Direct Deposit Enrolment
You’re now able to sign up for the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) direct deposit through Libro Online Banking. Super convenient for payments such as income tax refund, Canada child benefit, goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit, Canada workers benefit, related provincial and territorial payments and the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit. CRA direct deposit for businesses is now available. Visit our CRA Direct Deposit page to learn how to get started. Not signed up for Libro Online Banking? Visit our Activate Online Banking page or call our Contact Centre to get started 1-800-361-8222.
Fraud Prevention Tips
Unfortunately, there are fraudsters attempting to take advantage of Canadians during this sensitive and stressful time. It is extremely important to be informed about COVID-19 scams and understand how to recognize red flags. Please check out our blog for tools and resources on how to stay protected during this time and what steps to take. If you suspect you may be a victim of fraud, please head to our support page and contact Libro immediately.