Being Libro means we’re focused on growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario, investing 100% of profits back into the people, businesses and communities we serve. The Prosperity Fund, Libro’s annual granting program, invests up to half a million dollars to support local organizations that are growing prosperity in southwestern Ontario in our three focus areas: Economic Development, Youth Leadership and Money Smarts.
Local decision making
Local decision making is important at Libro to ensure we are meeting the unique needs of the communities that we serve, while also having an impact on the region of southwestern Ontario.
All applications are reviewed and selected by a combination of locally elected Owner Representatives, staff and Libro Board members.
- The Libro Prosperity Fund supports projects between $5,000 and $100,000.
- Applications must be submitted through the online application form by the specified deadline. Make sure to check the “Application Guide” at the top right corner of the application page.
- Applicants may be invited to submit additional information or be asked to make a presentation related to their project.
- 2019 Application period : February 4 - March 14
- Funding decisions & announcements will take place in September 2019.
- Funds will be made available in November. Approved grants may be paid out over multiple installments at Libro’s discretion.
- The organization must be a not-for-profit, registered charity, co-operative, not-for-profit social enterprise or community group
- The project must benefit southwestern Ontario
- The project must address at least one of the desired outcomes of our focus areas
- The organization must demonstrate a commitment to the project through a meaningful contribution of their own human and/or financial resources
- The organization must demonstrate fiscal responsibility, effective management and skills and expertise
Ineligible applicants or projects
- Not aligned with Libro values
- Individual or private business applicant
- Projects and programs taking place outside of southwestern Ontario
- Partisan or religious event or purpose that are not open to all members of the community
- Deficit or debt reduction
- Retroactive expenses
- Ongoing operational or core expenses
- Endowment matching grants