Empowering people to achieve prosperity through a financial literacy series
The ability to understand and use financial information to make appropriate choices is extremely important to achieve financial prosperity. That’s why Libro is working along with a group of Canadian Credit Unions to deliver a series of workshops in money management topics that provide basic skills to the diverse communities of our service area.
These workshops are delivered by volunteer staff from our Credit Union in partnership with community organizations. Products or services are not promoted at this workshops. The sole goal of the Each One, Teach One program is to empower individuals to make the right financial decisions for themselves and their families.
Workshop topics include:
- Introduction to basic banking
- Introduction to basic budgeting
- Why filing taxes in Canada is a good idea
- Credit cards and prepaid cards
- Loans you don't want!
- Loans: costs and obligations
- Debt smarts
- Building a healthy credit history
- Identify theft and fraud prevention
- RRSPs and TFSAs: saving for the future
- Introduction to Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs)
- Understanding contracts