Receiving a Wire Transfer
When receiving a wire transfer (Incoming wire) please refer to the Incoming Wire Transfer Form to ensure that the bank information provided is correct. If your wire transfer instructions are incomplete, the funds could be held at intermediary banks for an extended period of time or be returned to the sending bank, less any charges.
It is important that the correct intermediary banks are used (as listed in the Incoming Wire Transfer From) in order to avoid unnecessary fees, delays, or currency conversations.
Depositing Funds Received via Wire Transfer
- Wires sent in Great British Pounds or Euros will be deposited into your Canadian dollar account.
- For International wires other than Great British Pounds or Euros, Libro recommends sending Canadian dollars for faster processing and lower service charges.
- US dollar wires will be deposited into your Canadian dollar account if you do not have a US dollar account with Libro.
- The sending bank and intermediary banks may deduct service charges prior to the wire transfer arriving at Libro.
- Libro charges a $15.00 CAD/USD service fee for processing incoming wire transfers.
- Wires sent within Canada or the US usually take two to three business days to process.
- International wires can take up to three to five business days.
- Wire trace requests for undelivered wires must originate at the sending institution.
For assistance with incoming wire transfer instructions, please call our Contact Centre at 1-800-361-8222 throughout North America.